Complete Pigeon Control
- Special Species- Pigeons have been around since 3000 B.C. In the 16th 17th and
18th century in Europe.
- Captive pigeon dung was used as fertilizer.
- Pigeons have been know to return to their nests from distances of up to 400-600 miles
because they have a special homing ability.
- Despite their reputation as dumb birds, Pigeons are considered to be very smart. The
pigeon has been found to pass the “mirror test” recognizing reflection.
- The reason why pigeons bob their heads when they walk is for depth perception. They
have monocular sight so this allows them to see better.
The City Pigeon
- Feral Pigeons (Columba livia), also called rock
doves, city pigeons, or street pigeons, are derived
from domestic pigeons that have returned from the wild.
The domestic pigeon was originally bred from the wild Rock
- Feral pigeons (Naturally cliff dwelling birds) find the ledges of buildings to a
substitute for sea cliffs, and have become adapted to urban
life and are abundant in towns and cities throughout much
of the world.
- Avg Height/ Weight- 12” – 15”, 10oz - 16oz
- Life Span- 3-4 years wild, 10-12 years captive